November 7th, 2018 Meeting Summary
Meeting called to order at 8:09pm, and began with officer reports.
- Seneschal – Report Submitted.
- Exchequer – Report Submitted.
- A&S Minister – This month’s A&S will be to make directional signs for shire events.
- Herald – Wedding Concluded. Great Relief.
- Web Minister – Absent.
- Chatelaine – Gold Key Sorted Anew
- Fight Practice: [same as last month] Due to lack of regular fighters (changes in work schedule, health, et cetera), unless there is a time and place that aligns with the stars, we will not ask our volunteer marshalls to drive an hour for no one to be there. So out of consideration for all parties, until we have a regular attendance pattern possible, shire fight practice will be cancelled. Joining baronial or other established fight practices will be an option in the meantime.
- Thrown Weapons:[same as last month] Currently postponed until further notice.
- Fall 2018 RUM at Lake Campus (Nov 17th):
- Pre-Revel will be at 6:30pm on Friday at the Church
- Set up opens at 7am, Site officially opens at 8am.
- Will get cash advance check from BFG tomorrow.
- Lady Aeschine has the flyers done, and will have them tomorrow.
- Content at RUM:
- Herald’s Point
- Yard Sale
- Gaming Area
- Baronial Court?
- After Event
- Off-Site Brewing Class
- Winter Festivus (Dec 15th): Minha is the event autocrat. Contact her with any questions. The location is the basement gathering hall and classrooms in the Celina First Presbyterian Church. Plan is for there to be a few classes, a “full contact” white elephant exchange, a holiday garb “contest”, and potluck style food. Their Excellencies from the Barony of Flaming Gryphon have said they are attending the event. Event goes from 1pm to 9pm. Troll is by donation, cash or check.
- Financial Policy/Charter [tabled til we’re not so busy]: Ideally we would like to ratify the charter by December of this year, if members could take the time and think about the fine print of what they want the Shire to be, and bring those thoughts to the next meeting, we would have much thanks.
- Call for Deputies: this is a reminder that we still need shirelings to volunteer to deputy positions
- Shire Tavern Kit Consolidation Effort: We are consolidating all the supplies needed to run one of the shire’s Lunch Taverns into one transportable tub. Please bring anything to Jerusha.
- Shadowed Stars Bid for Coronation: We are on the ticket to run the Lunch, and possibly breakfast, tavern for Spring Coronation, if Shadowed Stars wins the bid for their location to be used.
- Meeting Time Change?: We are considering changing the meeting times. Not Tuesdays, not 2nd Thursdays. Possibly Monday nights? We will poll after Festivus.
Meeting adjourned 9:20pm. Next meeting is December 5th at 7:30pm at the Celina First Presbyterian Church.