Meeting called to order at 7:54pm, and began with officer reports.
- Seneschal – Notified the shire of a midwestern SCAdian who has been expulsed from the SCA and is barred from participating in any SCA event.
- Exchequer – Absent
- A&S Minister – Fully functional glass lamp bead station has been set up. Still looking to A&S there.
- Herald – Quarterly Report not yet submitted (is now submitted 7/16). Grenemere’s name has passed, device paperwork mailed. Will check in with the Dragon Herald.
- Web Minister – Software updates to the website. A few new features, such as a floating SNS bar on the left.
- Chatelaine – Loaned out garb to friends of the shire to attend Push for Pennsic, and is repairing the donor gold key garb.
- Fight Practice: Flyers will be passed out as need be at fight practices. It is in the talks to possibly change the fight practice days. Nothing concrete yet. Current Fight Practice days are the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays, circa 6pm.
- Thrown Weapons: Yehoshua is open to changing the meet up time if it is not suitable. Currently is it every Sunday 10am-12pm, and every 3rd Wednesday around 7pm.
- Fall 2018 RUM at Lake Campus (Nov 17th): Awaiting confirmation of the site, and we will be of need for volunteers to run the lunch tavern.
- Grand Lake Fan Fest Demo (Aug 18th): A fighting Demo will be allowed; need volunteers. Jerusha plans on running a SCA 101 Panel. Jerusha is also the one to contact for any other panels someone might be interested in running, a la a convention. This event is at the Celina Public Library, with the SCA demo area being on the outside lawn of/park nearby the library.
- Winter Festivus (Dec 15th): Minha is the event autocrat. Contact her with any questions. The location is the basement gathering hall and classrooms in the Celina First Presbyterian Church.
- Financial Policy/Charter: Ideally we would like to ratify the charter by December of this year, if members could take the time and think about the fine print of what they want the Shire to be, and bring those thoughts to the next meeting, we would have much thanks.
- Pounce Sunday Tavern Fundraiser(Sept 2nd): Aeschine will coordinate/confirm the details with the Baroness of Red Spears Isibel. Jerusha and Yehoshua providing the Taco Tavern as well.
- Harvest Days (Sept 8th): Jerusha and Yehoshua will provide the lovely Taco Tavern again.
- Celina 127 Sales (Aug 4th/that weekend): Mostly unofficial, however the local area has a large coordinated event for yard sales, so the shire folks are asking to borrow the Presbyterian Church Lawn, and offering 10% of the profit to the church for allowing us their lawn, and 10% to the shire, since we’re all shire peeps anyways. However, it is a generic yard sale, so anything can be brought to be sold. Anyone who participates however, must agree to the two 10% donations.
- Call for Deputies: this is a reminder that we still need shirelings to volunteer to deputy positions
- Relay for Life 2019 Demo: back burnered
- Minha & Griffin’s Wedding (Oct 20th):
- Entire shire is welcome
- Would like RSVPs for feast
- Most of the items and garb collected for this costumed wedding will be donated for shire use afterwards.
- Will notify people with official info once the invites are sent
- Location is the Harbor Point 4-H Camp in Celina.
- Overnight camping in the bunks is $1 per head, tent camping is free?
Meeting adjourned 8:51pm. Next meeting is August 1st at 7:30pm at the Celina First Presbyterian Church.