The SCA is devoted to the research and re-creation of pre-seventeenth century skills, arts, combat, culture, and employing knowledge of history to enrich the lives of participants through events, demonstrations, and other educational presentations.
Our “Known World” consists of 20 kingdoms with over 30,000 paid members.
Members of the SCA study and take part in a variety of activities, including combat, archery, equestrian activities, costuming, cooking, metalwork, woodworking, music, dance, calligraphy, fiber arts, and much more.
If it was done in the Middle Ages or Renaissance, odds are you’ll find someone in the SCA interested in recreating it.
What makes the SCA different from a Humanities 101 class is the active participation in the learning process.
Getting started in the SCA is easy; and if you’re here, you’ve already begun.
While you are encouraged to join and become an official member, there is no cost to attend any of our meetings. You are welcome to attend events (entrance fees may apply) and we can often times help you get into basic gear at little to no cost.
We Are The SCA!
Latest Shire News
- Seneschal: Johanna submitted her report. That will be her final report, Frank will take over June 30th as Seneschal
- Exchequer: May Report was submitted by Fiona. Jacquelyn has yet to send in the officer change form, but plans on it soon.
- Web Minister: There was a slight traffic spike after the Beards and Bikes event that Frank attended.
- Marshall: Levi is searching for what would …
- Seneschal – Johanna is stepping down soon as seneschal because she is moving. June 30th is the last day of her seneschalate.
- Exchequer – Fiona is also stepping down as Exchequer. New officer required.
- Chatelaine – contacted regional because could not report on the website.
- Web Minister – Website had a hacking attempt. Not successful.
- Marshall …
- Seneschal – No news yet from the Kingdom about the door. Johanna announced she and Josh Stomel will most likely be moving west by August or September of this year.
- Exchequer – report sent.
- A&S Minister – We danced! Also Josh turned in his report on time.
- Herald – no news.
- Chatelaine – Would …
- Seneschal – Nothing to Report
- Exchequer – Many Emails Sent
- A&S Minister – April’s A&S Meeting time will not work for the Church, so the meeting location will be changed that month. May’s A&S also needs moved, so we will have that the following week, on May 22nd. February’s A&S will be dancing.
- Herald – Report submitted.
- Web …
- Seneschal – Report Submitted.
- Exchequer – Report Submitted.
- A&S Minister – This month’s A&S will be to make directional signs for shire events.
- Herald – Wedding Concluded. Great Relief.
- Web Minister – Absent.
- Chatelaine – Gold Key Sorted Anew
- Fight Practice: [same as last month] Due to lack of regular fighters …
A Medieval Day at the Faire
A Medieval Day at the Faire @ Mercer County Fairgrounds
Aug 11 all-day
Grenemere will be hosting a one day demo at the Mercer Co Fair in conjunction with the Knights of Valor jousting spectacular held at the grand stands. We are looking for members and interested SCA members to come out in garb, bring A&S, weapons, and other such items to show the best of the SCA! For full[…]
Business Meeting 7:00 PM
Business Meeting @ First Presbyterian Church
Aug 12 @ 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Please note that we may sometimes be required to move business meetings to other locations depending on church or group activities. For the most accurate details and locations, please see our public Facebook Page for the most up to date information: https://www.facebook.com/pg/grenemere/events/
Grand Lake Fan Expo 9:00 AM
Grand Lake Fan Expo @ Mercer County District Library
Aug 17 @ 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Grenemere will be attending, and have a booth, at the Grand Lake Fan Expo 2019. We encourage you to stop out, see the event and say hello. For more information on this event, please visit the website linked, or their Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/144493033110039/ Please note: Grenemere is not hosting this event, we are simply attending. Contact information[…]
A&S Gathering 7:00 PM
A&S Gathering @ First Presbyterian Church
Aug 21 @ 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Please note that we sometimes move A&S meetings to special locations depending on the class activities. For the most accurate details and locations, please see our public Facebook Page for the most up to date information: https://www.facebook.com/pg/grenemere/events/
The SCA is about crafting, food, combat, and good times with friends and family. Our group, like many, enjoys all the aspects of a modern medieval life. Take a moment to look at some of the events our members have attended, and some of the actives we do on a regular basis.
A 'knight' in middle ages!