The SCA is devoted to the research and re-creation of pre-seventeenth century skills, arts, combat, culture, and employing knowledge of history to enrich the lives of participants through events, demonstrations, and other educational presentations.
Our “Known World” consists of 20 kingdoms with over 30,000 paid members.
Members of the SCA study and take part in a variety of activities, including combat, archery, equestrian activities, costuming, cooking, metalwork, woodworking, music, dance, calligraphy, fiber arts, and much more.
If it was done in the Middle Ages or Renaissance, odds are you’ll find someone in the SCA interested in recreating it.
What makes the SCA different from a Humanities 101 class is the active participation in the learning process.
Getting started in the SCA is easy; and if you’re here, you’ve already begun.
While you are encouraged to join and become an official member, there is no cost to attend any of our meetings. You are welcome to attend events (entrance fees may apply) and we can often times help you get into basic gear at little to no cost.
Latest Shire News
- Seneschal: Johanna submitted her report. That will be her final report, Frank will take over June 30th as Seneschal
- Exchequer: May Report was submitted by Fiona. Jacquelyn has yet to send in the officer change form, but plans on it soon.
- Web Minister: There was a slight traffic spike after the Beards and Bikes event that Frank attended.
- Marshall: Levi is searching for what would …
- Seneschal – Johanna is stepping down soon as seneschal because she is moving. June 30th is the last day of her seneschalate.
- Exchequer – Fiona is also stepping down as Exchequer. New officer required.
- Chatelaine – contacted regional because could not report on the website.
- Web Minister – Website had a hacking attempt. Not successful.
- Marshall …
- Seneschal – No news yet from the Kingdom about the door. Johanna announced she and Josh Stomel will most likely be moving west by August or September of this year.
- Exchequer – report sent.
- A&S Minister – We danced! Also Josh turned in his report on time.
- Herald – no news.
- Chatelaine – Would …
- Seneschal – Nothing to Report
- Exchequer – Many Emails Sent
- A&S Minister – April’s A&S Meeting time will not work for the Church, so the meeting location will be changed that month. May’s A&S also needs moved, so we will have that the following week, on May 22nd. February’s A&S will be dancing.
- Herald – Report submitted.
- Web …
- Seneschal – Report Submitted.
- Exchequer – Report Submitted.
- A&S Minister – This month’s A&S will be to make directional signs for shire events.
- Herald – Wedding Concluded. Great Relief.
- Web Minister – Absent.
- Chatelaine – Gold Key Sorted Anew
- Fight Practice: [same as last month] Due to lack of regular fighters …
Push for Pennsic 5:00 PM
Push for Pennsic
Jul 5 @ 5:00 PM – Jul 7 @ 11:00 AM
Members of Grenemere will be attending this even hosted by the Marche of Havenholde. Grenemere will be serving breakfast tavern at this event. For full details, changes and final information, please visit: http://www.havenholde.net/?q=push2019
Business Meeting 7:00 PM
Business Meeting @ First Presbyterian Church
Jul 8 @ 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM
Please note that we may sometimes be required to move business meetings to other locations depending on church or group activities. For the most accurate details and locations, please see our public Facebook Page for the most up to date information: https://www.facebook.com/pg/grenemere/events/
A&S Gathering 7:00 PM
A&S Gathering @ First Presbyterian Church
Jul 17 @ 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Please note that we sometimes move A&S meetings to special locations depending on the class activities. For the most accurate details and locations, please see our public Facebook Page for the most up to date information: https://www.facebook.com/pg/grenemere/events/
The SCA is about crafting, food, combat, and good times with friends and family. Our group, like many, enjoys all the aspects of a modern medieval life. Take a moment to look at some of the events our members have attended, and some of the actives we do on a regular basis.