Meeting called to order at 7:38pm, and began with officer reports.
- Seneschal – Minha will deputy as Seneschal.
- Exchequer – Report will be submitted, and Exchequer required class will be available at RUM 2018.
- A&S Minister – Games with Keith for A&S Night
- Herald – Jerusha a’Laon received the Dragon’s Heart at the Sunday of Pounce’s Royal Court. 9/2/2018
- Web Minister – Heavy traffic on the website, likely due to RUM site page update.
- Chatelaine – Chamber of Commerce, Mercer County; able to help us if we become a member, which is an option, however, since the event is at Wright State, they have CoC membership. Also consider: St Marys Chamber of Commerce. Motel rooms are blocked at Best Western in Celina and America’s Best Value Inn.
- Fight Practice: Due to lack of regular fighters (changes in work schedule, health, et cetera), unless there is a time and place that aligns with the stars, we will not ask our volunteer marshalls to drive an hour for no one to be there. So out of consideration for all parties, until we have a regular attendance pattern possible, shire fight practice will be cancelled. Joining baronial or other established fight practices will be an option in the meantime.
- Thrown Weapons: Due to lack of attendance, practice is currently every 3rd Wednesday around 7pm, and 2nd and 4th Sundays at 10am-ish to 12pm at the Mercer County Sportsman Association. Archery ranges are available for those interesting in self-practice.
- Celina 127 Sales Table: $82 earned for the shire, a 10% donation was given to the Celina First Presbyterian Church for letting us use their lawn.
- Grand Lake Fan Fest Demo: Great Demo! Compliments on Aeschine’s flyer preparedness came from the other SCAdians who supported us. Shout out to Red Spears, and Shadowed Stars for representing at the demo and providing a rapier display! We really appreciate it.
- Pounce Sunday Tavern Fundraiser: The Shire serving breakfast, lunch and dinner the Sunday of Pounce earned us $269.
- Harvest Days (Sept 8th): Jerusha and Yehoshua and the Shire will provide the lovely Taco Tavern again. The tavern will open at 11:30am. Plan is to be there around 9am.
- Hansel Wedding (Oct 20th): Please keep the day open if you can. We would appreciate any help we can get! Someone to run the kitchen and serving team, to be on the feast-serving team, to bridge-keep the (possible) bouncy castle, etc. Entertainment/-ers also welcome, if anyone has those skills and is free and willing to provide them. Contact for the wedding and related things is 419 302 0993 .
- Fall 2018 RUM at Lake Campus (Nov 17th):
- After Party for the event suggested. The owner of Speakeasy in Celina (211speakeasy.com), is interested in providing a small discount for showing up with your site token. Plans for this are still in formation.
- There will possibly be Royal attendance at the event, which, if so, will draw a larger crowd than before. If Royals do attend, we are considering (likely will) comp the site fee and a hotel room for them.
- Keith of Grenemere will host a period gaming tourney. Tourney style, and rules and such to be determined.
- Grenemere Yard Sale registration is open on grenemere.org, for anyone interested in having a table to sell from, or if you want us to sell your stuff for you.
- A Heraldic Consultation Table will be at the event.
- Winter Festivus (Dec 15th): Minha is the event autocrat. Contact her with any questions. The location is the basement gathering hall and classrooms in the Celina First Presbyterian Church. Plan is for there to be a few classes, a “full contact” white elephant exchange, a holiday garb contest, and potluck style food.
- Financial Policy/Charter [tabled til we’re not so busy]: Ideally we would like to ratify the charter by December of this year, if members could take the time and think about the fine print of what they want the Shire to be, and bring those thoughts to the next meeting, we would have much thanks.
- Call for Deputies: this is a reminder that we still need shirelings to volunteer to deputy positions
Relay for Life 2019 Demo: back burnered
Meeting adjourned 9:13pm. Next meeting is October 3rd at 7:30pm at the Celina First Presbyterian Church.