Meeting called to order at 7:36pm, and began with officer reports.
- Seneschal – $1937.02 is what the Barony has in bank for us
- Exchequer – Report Submitted. Exchequer required class will be available at RUM 2018.
- A&S Minister – RUM Gate Tokens will be made at the A&S meeting. Please bring fine pliers if you have any. Attended A&S Min class, now officially trained.
- Herald – Report submitted.
- Web Minister – Website doing great. Will be busy, so please allow more time for him to get back to you in case of inquiries/contact.
- Chatelaine – Had the flu, couldn’t attend.
- Fight Practice: [same as last month] Due to lack of regular fighters (changes in work schedule, health, et cetera), unless there is a time and place that aligns with the stars, we will not ask our volunteer marshalls to drive an hour for no one to be there. So out of consideration for all parties, until we have a regular attendance pattern possible, shire fight practice will be cancelled. Joining baronial or other established fight practices will be an option in the meantime.
- Thrown Weapons:[same as last month] Due to lack of attendance, practice is currently every 3rd Wednesday around 7pm, and 2nd and 4th Sundays at 10am-ish to 12pm at the Mercer County Sportsman Association. Archery ranges are available for those interesting in self-practice.
- Hansel Wedding (Oct 20th): Rehearsal is at 4pm on Friday, the 19th. If you are helping with food or set up the next day, that would be a great time to scout out the area, and of course, help us set up early. We will also be out there Thursday. Contact for the wedding and related things is 419 302 0993 . Help serving feast is always needed. Help running the “Gold Key” is also needed.
- Fall 2018 RUM at Lake Campus (Nov 17th):
- After Party for the event: The after party location has changed venues, due to size/spacing for people conflicts. It is now being held at Brew Nation, aka Lake Rat Brewery.
- What rooms we have for classrooms are confirmed.
- Cafeteria will be open for business from 11am-1pm with a limited menu (not their full menu).
- Campus is strictly tobacco and vape free, and only service animals are allowed. There is free public wifi.
- Loan garb will be needed. We will have a buffed gold key by the event, but we will need to request the barony’s (?)
- Troll will open at 8am and close at 3pm. Must compile clipboards. Need volunteers for troll (preferably with troll experience). At least 3 people need to be helping with troll from 9am and 12pm.
- The Shire needs provide a map of the site, labeled with key points, like classroom numbers, food, bathrooms, troll, gold key, and ATMs. Et cetera.
- Keith of Grenemere will host a period gaming tourney. Tourney style, and rules and such to be determined.
- Grenemere Yard Sale registration is open on grenemere.org, for anyone interested in having a table to sell from, or if you want us to sell your stuff for you. $30/table.
- A Heraldic Consultation Table will be at the event.
- Winter Festivus (Dec 15th): Minha is the event autocrat. Contact her with any questions. The location is the basement gathering hall and classrooms in the Celina First Presbyterian Church. Plan is for there to be a few classes, a “full contact” white elephant exchange, a holiday garb contest, and potluck style food. Their Excellencies from the Barony of Flaming Gryphon have said they are attending the event. Event goes from 1pm to 9pm. Troll is by donation, cash or check.
- Financial Policy/Charter [tabled til we’re not so busy]: Ideally we would like to ratify the charter by December of this year, if members could take the time and think about the fine print of what they want the Shire to be, and bring those thoughts to the next meeting, we would have much thanks.
- Call for Deputies: this is a reminder that we still need shirelings to volunteer to deputy positions
- Relay for Life 2019 Demo: back burnered
- Shire Tavern Kit Consolidation Effort: We are consolidating all the supplies needed to run one of the shire’s Lunch Taverns into one transportable tub. Please bring anything to Jerusha.
- Shadowed Stars Bid for Coronation: We are on the ticket to run the Lunch, and possibly breakfast, tavern for Spring Coronation, if Shadowed Stars wins the bid for their location to be used.
Meeting adjourned 9:13pm. Next meeting is November 7th at 7:30pm at the Celina First Presbyterian Church.