Meeting called to order at 7:47pm, and began with officer reports.
- Seneschal – Grenemere’s name has passed submission. Still waiting on the heraldry.
- Exchequer – There will be a change in office, from Non back to Meredyth.
- A&S Minister – Fully functional glass lamp bead station has been set up.
- Herald –
- Web Minister – Absent
- Chatelaine – nothing to report.
- Germanfest Demo: June 9th with Shadowed Stars in Van Wert
- Shire Fight Practice: Practice location is at Lakeshore (Drive) Park, still the first and third Tuesdays, same time. Yehoshua hopes to soon be a Marshall in Training for Rapier Combat.
- Thrown Weapons Practice: New location! The Mercer County Sportsman Association. We are considering a possible time change. Currently the year’s first meet is set for Sundays from 10am-12pm, first practice being June 10th. The Sportsman Association also has capacity for archery, if one would like to practice there under non-SCA terms (there will be no marshal) while Yehoshua is there (he’s the association member)
- Summer Festivus (June 16th): 10am-4pm at the Celina First Presbyterian Church. We will use the parlor area and the basement for food and some classes, and general A&S work! Please join us there. Garb not required.
- Shire Financial Policy & Charter: Tabled.
- Additional Demo Opportunities: Tabled, for now.
- Grenemere Winter Festivus (Dec 15th): The event is on the Kingdom Calendar as a Kingdom event. Soon we will need to plan.
- Fall 2018 RUM at Lake Campus (Nov 17th): We have been approved. 8 classrooms are needed, site fee will be circa $1000 to rent said facilities, and we will be subsidized $300 from the Kingdom to help with this fee. It was proposed that we charge a $10 site entrance fee. The Lake Campus might open their food court/restaurant area, but they have not confirmed what their decision will be on that yet. If they don’t open, the Shire could earn funds through a lunch tavern, and could also earn funds through more yard sale hosting.
- Pounce Sunday Taverns (Sept 2nd): Baroness Iosbhail (of Red Spears) asked if the Shire would like to earn funds by providing breakfast, lunch, and dinner the Sunday of Pounce, since due to the long weekend, she would like to extend the event. At this meeting, the Shire decided to accept the request. Lady Aeshine (Jacque Hansel) will be lead for this.
- Grand Lake Comic Fest Demo (Aug 18th): Our Shire will present a demo at this Celina event. Jerusha is considering running some panels at this small convention, about the SCA, to inform newcomers. Our location will be in the new constructed park right outside the Celina Mercer County Library.
- Call for Officer Deputies: As a growing chapter of the SCA, in order to prove our viability, the Shire must rotate out officers. The current officers need deputies, not only as training for new officers, but in case said officer can’t make it to an event or meeting. Please, as a member of the Shire, consider becoming a deputy officer.
- Flyers for Fight Practice: Flyers need to be made to pass out at our biweekly fight practices, because there are interested onlookers.
- Relay for Life 2019 Demo: A representative for Relay for Life approached fighters at the practice and expressed interest in having the Shire demo at next year’s Relay for Life.
The meeting adjourned at 8:47pm
***The next meeting is moved back a week, due to the first Wednesday of July being the 4th. The A&S Meeting normally on the second Wednesday will then be on the third Wednesday.***