Happy Friday, Grenemere!
Here are the notes from Tuesday’s meeting. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
Meeting called to order at 7:45pm, and began with officer reports.
- Seneschal – Nothing new. Next reports are due soon.
- Exchequer – Fiona, due to a job change, is no longer able to be exchequer. Nan is stepping up to be exchequer in her place, and Fiona will transition to deputy.
- A&S Minister – next A&S meet is Ash Wednesday, and Nan wants everyone to be aware there is a 7pm service in the same building as our normal meeting area, so we will move the begin time back 15 min, to 7:45pm for that meeting. The activity will likely be pewter casting, taught by Yehoshua.
- Herald – Nothing new. Shire heraldry to be discussed below.
- Web Minister – since the site was created, there have been 106 unique visitors to our shire website, and they are spending around two minutes on the site, which means they are reading content and using it for information, which is as intended.
- “Knight in the Middle Ages” aka Wright State Demo, update: the event has been moved back to April, and will likely be the first Tuesday of the month, so mark your calendars for April 3rd [EDIT: Received word from the University that due to schedule conflicts, our demo has been moved to Tuesday, April 10th]. The reason for this pushback is that the Lake Campus Glee Club would like to combine their event with this demo, and will provide the (K)night with musical accompaniment. Yehoshua would like to make this event as all out as we can, with the three main foci being dancing (audience participation), fighting (mini-tourney) and the Glee Club performances. Throughout the event, we would like to have an A&S corner/display, period gaming available, and a feast food+potluck combo. Possibly even present a scroll to the Dean of WSU Lake Campus. Yehoshua will find out the allotted budget for that by the next meeting.
- Fighting Practice, update: we have procured permission to use the Ft Wayne YMCA’s racquetball courts for indoor fight practices. The rate is $35/hr. The results of the shire survey seems to lean towards holding practices on Tuesdays; the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays were decided upon. Regular duration of practice will be discussed at the first meet up. For now, Yehoshua and Jerusha have agreed to cover the cost, but donations will be accepted until the shire is able to provide the fundage. It was also discussed to possibly add Sunday practices into the mix if enough interest/attendance is shown.
- BFG Twelfth Night, feedback: The food was lovely, thank you so much Olwen for being our cook, and thank you to the cooking and serving crew!
- Shire Heraldry: The group has narrowed down the selections of heraldry via FB voting, and there will be an official, final vote on these designs at the March Business meeting. If you are not able to attend, please email either Seneschal Jerusha or Herald Minha to place your vote. The designs to vote on will be added to the Facebook group’s banner, and on the shire website, for as much visibility as possible.
- First Quarter Festivus: For those who are unaware, we enjoyed the Winter Festivus gathering so much, we decided to make it a quarterly event. The next festivus is planned for February 18th, at the same location (Mercer County Civic Foundation/Richardson-Bretz Building). Bring your activities and food!
- Winged Hills Collegium: fundraising opportunity! (for that fight practice rent!) Winged Hills is interested in having a community yard sale at the collegium, and if our Shire helps run and monitor the sale, we can earn a percentage of the earnings. At the meeting it was agreed that that sounds like a good idea, and Jerusha will notify the proper authorities that we will take this on. The exact percentage cut we have not confirmed, however we were thinking 10%. The event is March 10th.
- Keep Calm and Ceilidh On, service opportunity: the shire has been asked if we would like to provide the Royalty Luncheon at Ceilidh. There is a $100 budget and Olwen is open to being our cook again. The date of Ceilidh is March 24th.
- Lunch Tavern Opportunity at Grand Tournament of the Unicorn: another fundraiser! Will have more information later. Possible tavern foods were discussed. The date for that event is April 14th, however we will let Unicorn know we agreed to run the tavern.
- Shire Charter/Financial Policy: By the March business meeting, we would like to have an initial version of our Shire-to-be’s charter. Please think upon what sort of rules you feel we should abide by as a shire, and the ways we should handle events, situations, et cetera. Those interested can do some research into fellow shire’s charters for ideas.
The meeting adjourned at 8:58pm