April 4th, 2018 Meeting Summary
Meeting called to order at 7:38pm, and began with officer reports.
- Seneschal – Submitted her courtly report. Would like to start hunting for a deputy, for Seneschal, and the other offices.
- Exchequer – Report in process. $380 in Shire funds so far.
- A&S Minister – Pewter casting was tried. Report to be submitted soon.
- Herald – First quarterly report submitted, with the shire member awards recorded. Few days late.
- Web Minister – Nothing to report.
- Chatelaine: Catalogued Goldkey.
- Keep Calm and Ceilidh On Post-Event: A good day for the Shire! Griffin ap Lloyd, Aeschiene Ashgrove, Keith of Grenemere, Choi Minha, Laurentius de Rous received Awards of Arms; Yehoshua ben Abram received a Purple Fret; and Olwen of Buckland received a Court Barony! Laurentius also authorized in heavy! Olwen provided the Royal Luncheon at the event. The Shire, headed by Jerusha, held another Fundraising Yard Sale, when we earned $140.
- A Knight in the Middle Ages (Demo, Apr 10th) : It would be appreciated if all members of the Shire that can attend wear garb! There will be dancing, fighting, food, and Baron Edward of Flaming Gryphon will hold a mini-court, and a lovely scroll has been provided to presented to the Dean.
- Grand Tournament of the Unicorn Tavern (April 14th) : Jerusha and Yeshosua will head the Lunch Tavern menu, and plan on providing the meat, beans, and rice. Other members will be needed to provide the guac, sour cream, tomatoes, lettuce, and mild+spicy salsa, and drinks The members of the shire preferred the idea of a by-donation fee on the lunch tavern.
- Shire Fight Practice: Moving the practice location to Lakeshore (Drive) Park, still the first and third Tuesdays, same time.
- Second Quarter Festivus (Apr 15th) : Will be held at a shelter house at Lakeshore Park, with a Potluck 11am-4pm. Since this is a local event right after a demo, we are requesting shire members have fun wearing garb to this festivus if they feel comfortable.
- Shire Financial Policy & Charter: Tabled.
- Future Demos – St Mary’s Library & Grand Lake Fan Expo: Tabled, for now.
- Coronation (May 5th) : Jerusha suggested presenting a basket gift of largesse to the upcoming King and Queen.
- Being a bike race sponsor: tabled for later, date is Sept 8th. Laurentius is the contact.
- Grenemere Winter Festivus (Dec 15th): The event is on the Kingdom Calendar as a Kingdom event. Soon we will need to plan.
- Shadowed Stars: They are offering us some items for our Goldkey at their A&S meeting at TekVenture on April 8th.
The meeting adjourned at 9:05pm